Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I wasn't planning on posting today, but XKCD today is too good to not mention. I have had that exact dream before. (And thought exactly "shitshitshit!") My work is coming along, though this morning my laptop's network card decided to stop recognizing my router, and I don't have the permissions to mess with it. I love it when my laptop has problems and it doesn't give me permission to fix them. Hopefully when I restart it a little later it'll work itself out, otherwise I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the office this biweek (yuck!).

(netflix user review of the movie Southland Tales)
There's a story about the film "Team America: World Police" that I would love to know is true. Supposedly, in one of the screenings of the film for Paramount, as the film opened with old-fashioned marionettes (before pulling back a wider shot revealing more elaborate puppets) that a studio exec exclaimed, "Oh, God, they f**ked us!" I can't help but wonder if studio execs at Sony might have had the same reaction from their first peek at Richard Kelly's "Southland Tales."