Sunday, February 28, 2010

I have a list of singles on my mp3 player that I was listening through on the bus recently. I happened to hear that song Survivor by Destiny's Child. Am I the only one who thinks that perhaps the lady doth protest too much? She's doesn't need this guy, and she doesn't need him soo much that she writes a song about not needing him. It's like something a child would do. Though I guess everyone gets a bit childish when dealing with rejection.

I saw Avatar 3d, and it was pretty good. There was a scene or two when the characters are standing on tree branches way above the ground (it was a very large tree) and I almost felt like I was standing too close to the edge. My fear of heights doesn't kick in very often, but for some reason I have a weakness for exposed cliff faces or drops that don't have railings. And I've never gotten that gut-wrenching "get back!" instinct just from watching a movie before. Of the two, I think I liked Hurt Locker a little more just because it was shorter and more efficient with my time. Totally different movies though and hard to compare them. Avatar could have gone a little deeper into how the planet's ecosystem actually forms a sentient organism. And the consequences when this is revealed, in terms of its interaction with the corporations. Some kind of corporate resolution would probably be longer-lasting than just expelling all the troops and workers at the end of the movie.

I was going to write a long post complaining about how trying to renew my passport left me feeling violated on Friday, but you probably don't want to read that. Oh, I also need to summarize my interaction with United, but that's going to have to wait as well. It's getting late.

No comments: