Monday, June 7, 2010

Quick story. I went out for a beer in Adams Morgan with Mehrnaz last Saturday. We were in some bar where a lot of people were dancing, but we were sitting on stools against the wall. Mehrnaz said something about how a guy dancing nearby looked really young and I agreed with her. I might have compared the kid to Michael Cera. Then two girls walked up to me and said that they know we've been talking about them, so why don't we just say it to their face or they were going kick my ass. I was stunned. These girls were skinny, white, college girls. But they were angry and there was a lot of head bobbing and finger waving. So I reached over and smacked the closer girl and then the other one when berserk! Okay, that didn't really happen. Instead, I tried to explain that I hadn't even seen them and definitely hadn't been talking about them, but they weren't believing me. Maybe they were drunk.

They did a lot of angry lecturing that I didn't catch because of the loud music and one of the girls told Mehrnaz that she looked 18 years old (which I guess passes for an insult in some circles). We sorta reached a standoff where they weren't quite angry enough to actually attack me and I didn't really want to get off my stool to fight. Fortunately, one of their guy friends, who had been ineffectively trying to distract the girls until now, grabbed the alpha girl around the shoulders and almost dragged her away to the other side of the bar. And the other girl followed after them.

You gotta watch out in Adams Morgan, people get shot occasionally here.

No comments: