Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I'm still alive. Been decompressing since my quarter. I should start ramping the work up again though. Having to learn the same lesson every quarter is silly.

I've been playing a little tiger woods golf on the wii. Normally I'm not a big golf guy, but supposedly with the wii motionplus it's a super-realistic golf simulation, and it's only like $60 for the golf experience, as opposed to however many hundreds of dollars you'd pay to use a golf course. And I've got a large open area infront of my tv and a fairly big tv to use. It's almost like I'd imagine playing golf by yourself would be.

Well I've only played 2 games, but I'm really pretty decent until it gets to the putting. Putting is a huge pain in the ass in the game for some reason. It's hard to see how close you really are to the hole, so I usually just look at the distance it tells you, and then try to imagine I'm putting that distance. But that doesn't work. A fair amount of the time I'll get it to the green in a couple hits and then I'll spend like 5 hits putting it back and forth trying to get it into the hole. It must be the game's fault. I'm good at putt-putt!

The only thing I don't think it takes into account is how squarely you're hitting the ball. It detects how hard you swing and how you twist the club. But it doesn't know how tall you are or how long your arms are, so it just assumes you're hitting the ball squarely. Which I think is a pretty big assumption. But I don't really know, I've never been to a driving range or anything. Maybe driving the ball is really pretty easy.

Today is Matt and Lisa's last day in dc but I think I'm being blackballed out of any celebrations for some reason. Oh well. Getting upset about things that people don't do is really just getting upset at your own expectations. My joke about Matt haunting the upper rafters of 6th & I like the hunchback of Notre-Dame was one of my few culturally refined jokes. And Matt and I never went out to bars as much as regularly as we should have, but the regular friday night lights viewings were always fun. I don't have much desire to ever live in Boston, but maybe someday they'll move out of there and we'll have the opportunity to go out drinking (or not go out) again.

(about living out in Capitol Hill)
Kate R: Plus in MY neighborhood laws are made and rights of the common man upheld. In your neighborhood kickballers drink themselves silly. I see no contest.

No comments: