Wednesday, August 13, 2008

location, location, location

It's been about a week since my last update and a lot has happened.

Firstly, and most importantly, I just discovered that the lunch cafeteria across the street from my office has a breakfast buffet where you can buy eggs, sausages and tater tots by the pound. Tater tots! You can get an entire breakfast's worth for $3. Okay, maybe that wasn't the most important event.

Kate has moved into a house in columbia heights. I was pretty uncertain about the house and the neighborhood the first time I saw it, but seeing it again now I feel much better about it all. The house is old, but pretty nice. It's furnished, but sparsely so, and sorta reminds me of the old camp lodges at a summer camp. The neighborhood is a little sketchy but Kate is right on New Hampshire ave, which is well lit and I feel fine walking around there at night. I'm determined to move out of my kitchen-less apartment in October, and into something more suitable for working at home, but I'm still undecided as to where.

Also, the olympics are going on, but I don't care at all. People run/swim/etc, people win medals, 4 years pass. Rinse, repeat. Woohoo.

me: What do you think of the haircut? It's shorter than I usually get it.
(kate runs her hand through my hair)
kate: It's like a chia pet.
kate: (singing to the tune of the commercial's "cha-cha-cha-Chia!") Ja-Ja-Ja-Joseph!

No comments: