Monday, January 7, 2008

Bad movies and a white elephant party

Watching the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie. It's alright, I guess. Not as good as the first two. I never thought I'd say this but Kiera Knightly is really getting on my nerves. There's something not right about playing the tough pirate girl when you're under 100 pounds. The first two had more a whimsical atmosphere; this one is all doom and gloom. And the voodoo lady with the bad teeth won't stop babbling prophecies in broken English. Can't understand a word she's saying.

Ugh, this movie is way too long.

Other than doing a fair amount of work, I went to a housewarming party at Noelle and Rob's last weekend. I drove down with Dave, Eric and Jamie, and first we got some Afghan food at a somewhat nice restaurant. I had just eaten a full cup of chili and cornbread from wholefoods that afternoon so the Afghan (or is the adjective "Afghani" as in "Afghanistanimation"? We discussed that in the car a bit) really stuffed me. Not a great state to be in for partying, but I did my best. It was a white elephant gift exchange party. I'd rather not say what I brought, because who knows who reads this thing, but I ended up getting a light that says "last call" and "happy hour" on it. Supposedly the light heats up super hot if you leave it on for more than 10 seconds. We'll see, I still haven't tried it out. Dave scored bigtime with a Hillary Clinton nutcracker.

Noelle and Rob's house is pretty cool. It's one of those moderately small 3-floor houses with an old stairway in the middle that sorta spirals up and is so steep at parts that you need to hold the rail. I think it had a whole lot of character and was very home-y. I'm still not sure about Baltimore in general though.

(Shoot, I had a great quote to put here that made Kate sound really mean and nasty, but now I can't remember it. Instead you get something from Whitney. Her blog, linked on the left, now finally has an entry or two on it.)
whitney: he doesnt care
whitney: he wasnt that into me
joe: of course he cared
whitney: no, he said he didnt feel more than my friend
whitney: except he liked to make out

No comments: