Monday, January 28, 2008

NYC

I drove up to nyc with Dave this weekend. It was pretty fun. We went bowling and I bowled terribly. I'm not sure if it was because of the loud dance music, the lack of a comfortable bowling ball, the disco lighting, or the pressure of having $10 on the line, but for some reason I scored like 75, then 105 and then 110. I can't remember the last time before then that I didn't break 100. Something clearly wasn't right. Maybe I snapped under the pressure, but I don't think that's very likely. Oh well.

Then after bowling we went to a diner for food, and afterwards I wandered off on my own and got lost of the subway system. Not really lost, but I forgot I had to transfer, and I was very tired (and a little drunk) so I sat on the train and waited for my stop to come, but it never did. After maybe and hour on the train I went over to the map and discovered I had waaay overshot my transfer stop. I got off the train, waited like 30 minutes for the train going the opposite direction, and then road that back to my transfer point. Then I took a taxi because I didn't feel like waiting another 30 minutes. Only about 2 hours wasted wandering the subway in the middle of the night. We didn't even see Teeth, though I tried to convince Dave to go (Lauren hadn't heard of the movie and I didn't feel like describing it to her).

(trying to convince Dave to see Teeth with me)
dave: I don't want to see that!
me: It's gotten good reviews! Just read an online review of the movie before you say no.
dave: I don't even want that in my internet stream!

1 comment:

Linda O said...

when are you coming back? and why didn't you call me for bowling? i like to bowl. terrible at it but i like to bowl.