Saturday, November 8, 2008

Listening to Bishop Allen at work and thinking that their song "Click Click Click Click" (not to be confused with the New Kids on the Block song of almost the same title) is kinda like that movie Wedding Crashers, but without the sex. The narrator runs into a wedding celebration to get out of the rain and finds himself having a good time just because everyone else is so happy.

It reminds me of going to parties at Josh's old house, when he and his neighbor would coordinate to have their house parties on the same nights, and then at some point I'd wander over to the neighbor's and they'd have lots of people crowded around one beer pong table in the basement. Nobody cared who you were (the average age was probably 5 years older than me but it was too dark down there to tell). They only cared that you were either good at beer pong, or good at heckling (I, fortunately, am good at both), and that you were having a good time. Man, those were good parties.

I know that nobody likes reading about someone else talking about music they don't listen to, much like listening to someone ramble on about a dream they had, but I'll write something more interesting next time.

(Playing Palin bingo while watching the VP nominees debate. After Sarah Palin repeately describes herself and McCain as mavericks.)
me: Man, I wish I had two Mavericks!
kate: I wish I had a whole sheet of Mavericks! I'd have won by now.
me: You can't say that, after I say I wish I had two Mavericks.
kate: Why not? I just one up'd you.
me: You're not supposed to do that! You're supposed to have my back.. You're supposed to be supporting my jokes!
kate: What? We're a team! You set 'em up, I knock 'em down! You set the ball, and I spike it!

No comments: