Thursday, July 3, 2008

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I was looking through the wii NES console games on wikipedia today because they're all $5. All except the original teenage mutant ninja turtles game, which is $6 for some reason.

I think TMNT was the first NES game I owned, and boy was it difficult. I could pass the swimming level without too much of a problem, and then the giant robot mouser boss was easy, but I think I beat the hideout level only once, and the technodrome was impossible. If you've beaten this game without cheating with codes or game genies, you're a better man than I.

I found a review of the DOS port of the game. The game was entirely re-done for DOS with different graphics and slight updates (you can't hide between the mouser's eyes anymore), and also, this one jump that the reviewer was extremely frustrated to discover (DOS screenshot on the left, NES screenshot on the right). On the NES you have lightly tap the jump button otherwise you get knocked into the water. I'm not sure what you'd do with that jump in DOS.

[Image unfortunately removed because the website got all bitchy about its bandwidth. But you can see the review and images here.]

I think I'm going to buy the new wii Dr Mario. I need to practice because Kate is way better than me.

(I'm thinking about my driving out to PA for the other Joe Schell's birthday)
rachel: whose bday in pa?
joe: the other joe schell
rachel: lol
rachel: you guys chat?
joe: not regularly
joe: eric thinks it's creepy, but it's not!
rachel: um yeah eric is right
joe: no no, it's totally normal
rachel: some girl just messaged me on facebook "hey my sister is rachel safran too"
rachel: i didnt write back
rachel: LET ALONE DRIVE TO PA AND MEET HER

No comments: