Sunday, July 27, 2008

when it's time to party

I can't really talk much now because I have to work, but I was just sitting here in my office nursing a hangover, drinking coffee, and thinking this this monitor is way too big. It hurts my eyes just looking at it. Then I was wondering if there's ever been a study done comparing screen size to hangover headache intensity, and I found this pretty funny video. I like the quotes in the air when he saids "dual". It looks like he's for real (wikipedia says so anyway), it's not a satire of a geek like I was thinking.

Last night I went to my old officemate's housewarming party. We did some strange shots or fruity vodka dropped into redbull, which worked to wake me up for being social. And I tried to play some videogame where you sing into a mic and try to hit the right notes. I tried to sing "All the Small Things" and got my ass kicked by a girl. Sad because that song is sung by a man. Then there was a going away party for Liza, and I saw Shapanka and Maggie who had flown in, and Sonya who lives around here but I never see her. It was a lot of fun, though I stayed out too late and drank too much. Working today is going to be a challenge.

Captain Dwayne Hernandez: There's a man...he is perhaps Turkish. He is attacking you. In his left hand he holds a switchblade, in his right hand he is holding a plastic comb. You have one bullet in your revolver and you don't want to kill him. Where do you shoot?
Officer Garcia: Right in the nuts.

No comments: