Monday, May 24, 2010

I bought this sweet Captain Marvel shirt and wore it outside for the first time Friday. Some kid passing me said "Hey it's Billy Baston!" I was unprepared and didn't have any good response to give him. I just said "What? Oh, eh, yep!" So lame. Next time I'll shout: "World's mightiest mortal!" And all the comic nerds within earshot will cheer. Ah, nerd solidarity.

I'm sufficiently worried about the end of the quarter now that for the next 4 weeks I'm going to do no private movies or TV watching in my apartment. I'm still going to allow it for social occasions (mostly just Friday Night Lights these days) because I'm solitary enough. Need to do 204% from now on.

(Sean in Vietnam told us a story about his friend getting pulled over for speeding)
Sean: He rolled the window down and told the cop, "Ticket or lecture. Not both."

No comments: