Friday, May 28, 2010

The Room is playing at E Street cinemas. I was watching the trailer and it seemed like a real, sorta boring movie, up until they showed the line "You're tearing me apart Lisa!" Red flag. That line dregs up a memory of discussion I read somewhere about a terrible film. Then I checked out this roof scene clip. Hilariously terrible. Definitely not seeing this bs at E street. Though I wonder if they'd do that same song and dance beforehand by the theater's manager about how movies are high art and you should join their movie club.

I just laughed harder than I have in a month at some of the amazon reviews of The Room. Thinking of buying the dvd.

edit: Not gonna see it in the theater, but did just order the dvd. That whole "I did not hit her! I did not! Oh, hi Mark" just gets funnier and funnier.

(from a amazon user review of the Room)
"I find that the movie makes more sense to me if I imagine that the character of Johnny is actually mentally challenged, but everyone is too polite to say this explicitly."

No comments: