Thursday, May 20, 2010

The perfect exercise music mix can be made from the Nine Inch Nails album The Broken. You might think The Downward Spiral would make a better mix because it's a better album, but I think it's too complex with too much variety. After you cut out the intro tracks and some of the instrumental tracks, The Broken becomes 30 minutes of angry nihilism set to a frantic pace. This occurred to me earlier today when I was randomly listening to the album on the metro at rush hour, and almost started moshing in the crowded train because it's so energizing. People gave me concerned looks but I kept it all under control. I did 2 miles on the elliptical tonight, instead of the usual 1 or 1.25 miles. I am a champion.

(from the Weatherman)
Dave Spritz: But the whole thing about all of it, all the getting hit with stuff, the whole thing is, who gets hit with a f***ing pie, anyway? Did anyone ever throw a pie at Thomas Jefferson? Or Buzz Aldrin? I doubt it. But this is like the ninth time I got-
[pause]
Dave Spritz: Clowns get hit with pies.

1 comment:

Linda O said...

I agree. I have Wish and Last on my workout mix. Wish makes me want to punch things.